Seen inside a stunning Suffolk farmhouse
- Credit: Archant
Jordans Farm is a stunning Suffolk home, a delightful thatched farmhouse set in beautiful gardens, which is on sale for almost £1m.
The timber-framed farmhouse is set within about 2.44 acres of gardens, with paddocks and traditional outbuildings, and two Loddon stables, and is in a glorious countryside setting.
Preston St Mary is close to historic Lavenham and this farm has lots of character but is not listed.
It is in a peaceful setting, surrounded by gently rolling countryside.
The house has many period features, including exposed timbers and brick fireplaces and there is a sympathetic extension, all under a reed-thatched roof.
You may also want to watch:
It now offers versatile accommodation, with a free-flowing ground floor layout which radiates from a central, full-height reception hall, making it ideal for family living and entertaining.
There is a large drawing room, with a fireplace, open studwork and double doors that open onto the garden, and with a lovely outlook.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
This room flows into the garden room where there are more garden views, on to the study and a formal dining room, with a snug/further study beyond.
There is a comprehensively-fitted farmhouse-style kitchen/breakfast room with an oil-fired Aga and an electric Aga mate, with granite worksurfaces and a butler style sink.
There is a utility/boot room and a cloakroom.
On the first floor a central landing gives access to the four bedrooms, two of which have en suite bath/shower rooms, as well as a family bathroom.
There is the potential to turn one of the bathrooms into a further bedroom, if required.
There are spectacular far-reaching views in all directions from the rooms.
Jordans Farm sits on a little used country lane on the rural edge of Preston St Mary.
The grounds are an important and special feature.
A five-bar gate opens onto a parking area with a drive leading beyond to an area suitable for a horse trailer.
The gardens have a south westerly aspect and there are expanses of lawns, well stocked flower and shrub beds, a sun terrace, a pond, fruit trees and a productive vegetable garden.
The garden gives way to a small fenced paddock with a larger paddock beyond.
There is a greenhouse, garden stores and a range of equestrian facilities which include a large workshop with potential for garaging.
This property is on sale with Carter Jonas.