Jubilee: Youngsters tuck into lunch at Diamond Jubilee street parties
PATRIOTIC youngsters were in party mood ahead of this weekend’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Children from The Shrimps Playgroup in Orford had a special al-fresco lunch yesterday.
Red, white and blue was the colour of the day and there was much waving of flags as the youngsters sat down for some tasty treats.
The lucky children also had their faces painted and wore some rather creative looking Jubilee headwear from Union Jack bowler hats to colourful crowns.
Meanwhile youngsters from Sandlings Primary School in Sutton, near Woodbridge, also got into the party mood by holding a Jubilee Fair.
Families turned out in force for the event, which was supported by the army, based at nearby Rock Barracks.
As well as a variety of fun games and activities children were able to explore some military vehicles under the watchful eye of local servicemen.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 7 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 10 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
Are you organising a street party or another special event to join in with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebration?
If you would like to share your photos and videos of your Jubilee events, log on to www.iwitness24.co.uk