Jury discharged in Colchester aggravated burglary case
- Credit: ARCHANT
The jury in the trial of a Colchester man accused of being part of a gang of men armed with stun guns who burst into a flat occupied by two sex workers has been discharged.
Before Ipswich Crown Court was Ioan Sabou, 35, who was living in Bergholt Road, Colchester, who denied aggravated burglary at a flat in St Peter’s Street, Colchester on May 25 and possessing a taser stun gun on the same date.
It is alleged that bank cards, cash, sunglasses, a computer tablet and condoms were stolen during the aggravated burglary.
The trial started on Monday and Judge David Goodin discharged the jury on Wednesday ( November 14) for legal reasons.
A retrial, which is expected to last four days, is expected to get underway on January 28.
You may also want to watch:
Sabou was remanded in custody.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'