Jury continues to consider its verdict over Harwich dock worker accused of rape
- Credit: ARCHANT
The jury in the trial of an Essex dock worker accused of raping a drunk woman before leaving her semi-naked on a pavement is expected to continue its deliberations tomorrow.
Before Ipswich Crown Court is Joe Jordan, 24, of Main Road, Harwich, who denies two offences of raping the woman on July 17 last year.
Giving evidence during his trial Jordan said the woman had no difficulty talking and had initiated the sex that took place in his car.
He said that at no time did she say or do anything to indicate she wasn’t consenting to what was going on.
It has been alleged that Jordan raped the woman in his Ford Mondeo after offering to take her home.
You may also want to watch:
The court has heard that witnesses in Parkeston saw a man pull a drunk semi-naked woman out of his car by her arms and drop her on the pavement.
Lesley Bates, prosecuting, claimed the woman wasn’t capable of consenting to sex because of her level of intoxication.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
Tests showed she was four-and-a-half times the limit for driving.