Murder trial jury continues deliberations
- Credit: Archant
The jury in the trial of four men accused of killing Trimley father-of-five Dean Stansby is expected to continue its deliberations tomorrow.
The jury retired to consider its verdicts today and was sent home at the end of the day without reaching any verdicts.
Before Ipswich Crown Court are Jason Ruby, 45, of Risby Close, Ipswich, Tecwyn Parker, 48, of Downside Close, Ipswich, Daniel Kaganda, 24, of London and Amiadul Islam, 25, of London, who all deny murdering Mr Stansby, 41, on February 8 last year.
During the trial, which started in April, the court heard that Mr Stansby came into Ipswich on the evening of his death to buy drugs from the “AJ and Sky” ring.
Jacob Hallam QC, prosecuting, has alleged that Parker, Ruby and Kaganda had gone to confront Mr Stansby in retaliation for an earlier incident in which he had allegedly tried to rob Parker of some drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He claimed that Islam was in telephone contact with his three co-defendants during the confrontation in Ancaster Road.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window