Braintree woman stabbed more than 170 times was killed by partner, jury rules
- Credit: Archant
A jury has ruled that man killed his partner at their home in Braintree - stabbing her multiple times.
Jake Neate, 37, stabbed Suzanne Brown at their home in Mountbatten Court, Braintree, on the evening of December 15, 2017.
The 33-year-old died at the scene. A post mortem later revealed she had suffered 173 stab wounds.
Neate was arrested at the scene and charged with murder however he was found unfit to enter a plea or stand trial following the submission of medical reports around his mental health at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, January 14.
However, a trial was held to determine whether or not he had killed Ms Brown.
A jury ruled yesterday, Wednesday, January 16, that they were sure he had killed her.
He court heard how Neate had paranoid schizophrenia and that his mental health had deteriorated after he was taken off medication in October 2017 due to medical reasons.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 8 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 9 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement
Neate has been receiving treatment in a psychiatric hospital since her death.
He is due to be sentenced on Friday, January 18.