Kasabian, Sam Smith and Tom Jones ready to perform at 20th anniversary of V Festival
- Credit: � Steve George
Crowds have packed out Hylands Park, Essex for a scorching first day of V Festival.
Kasabian lead Saturday’s line-up, which marks the event’s 20th anniversary, to which Sam Smith, James Bay and Tom Jones will also be lending their vocal talents this afternoon.
Around 50,000 music fans are expected to enjoy the sunshine today, with a further 65,000 at the event’s sister site in Staffordshire.
Imelda May opened the main stage for the weekend, with temperatures having already reached 28 degrees Celsius by midday.
Rapper Example, who will doing a DJ set at the Sure stage this afternoon, tweeted: “31 degrees. Music Festival. Essex. Sounds like a strange dream doesn’t it? See you later @vfestival”
You may also want to watch:
The crowd were then treated to an energetic performance from Marina And The Diamonds, whose soulful tones provided a fitting backdrop to the heatwave.
But the summer sun is not expected to last long, with showers threatening to dampen spirits throughout Sunday
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement