Kawasaki motorcyclist in hospital after collision in Clacton
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A young motorcyclist is in hospital after a two-vehicle crash in Clacton.
A Kawasaki ZXR400 motorcycle was involved in a collision with a Volkswagen Polo travelling in the opposite direction in Jaywick Lane near the junction with Millers Barn Road at around 1.45pm on Wednesday last week.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 20s from Clacton, suffered multiple injuries and was taken to Colchester Hospital.
He has since been transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where he is currently in a critical but stable condition, Essex Police said.
The Volkswagen driver, a woman aged in her 20s from Colchester, was unhurt.
The road was closed from around 2.15pm to 10.55pm.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 7 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 8 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 9 Let's get physical, 'spanner in the works' and selection headaches
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man