Kebab shop worker suffers severe burns from hot fat spill
A MAN slipped over onto hot fat at an Ipswich kebab shop in the early hours of this morning, suffering severe burns, it has emerged.
The man, believed to be 25 years old, is thought to have been working at Best Kebab shop in Dogs Head Street when the accident happened.
He suffered second degree burns on his foot, after slipping on the liquid which was spilt on the floor.
He then fell over and suffered further second degree burn injuries to his chest, back and arms.
Paramedics were called and arrived at the scene at around 3.30am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service, said the casualty, who was working at the time, had suffered between 25 and 30 per cent burns.
He explained first degree burns are ones that cause redness to the skin, second degree burns cause blistering and third degree burns cause deeper, longer-lasting damage.
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 7 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
The spokesman said: “Second degree burns are probably the worst in terms of pain but they are the easiest to treat.”
The 25-year-old was initially taken to Ipswich Hospital but this morning was transferred to the specialist burns unit at Broomsfield Hospital in Chelmsford.