Kelsale: Firefighters tackle chimney blaze

Firefighters from two Suffolk towns were called on to extinguish a chimney fire.

The blaze broke out just after 6.20pm, in the chimney of a property in Kelsale.

Fire crews from Saxmundham and Leiston were sent to the scene, in Hills Road, and quickly set about bringing the flames under control.

They used chimney rods to access the fire, which was extinguished by 7pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus