Popular ‘chinwag’ group saved despite loss of Age UK Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A popular meet-up group for older people living in Kesgrave is set to continue despite the loss of Age UK Suffolk.
The former “chinwag” events at the Kesgrave Community and Conference Centre will be continuing thanks to a new source of funding.
The gatherings used to take place every third Friday of the month and were previously funded by Age UK Suffolk, until it collapsed earlier this year.
Now, however, money from the East Suffolk Council community partnership will help it to keep providing entertainment and refreshments to those over 65.
“We were keen to continue this,” said Jo Barker, business development and marketing manager at the centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We usually get around 100-plus people and so we though it would be really good to keep it up.”
It is hoped that, subject to government restrictions, the sessions will be able to restart in spring 2021.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week