Kesgrave couple celebrate their diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Kesgrave couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary - having got together when they were teenagers.
John and Jan Bacon, 81 and 80, met when John came to fix the coffee machine at the cake shop Jan worked in when she was just 16.
They married four years later at St Andrews Church in Ipswich while building their family home from scratch in Kesgrave - a bungalow they still live in today.
The couple have four children, Beverly, Diane, Adrian and Graham, four grandsons and a five-month-old great granddaughter.
Jan and John said the secret to a long and happy marriage was ‘give and take’ and to never going to bed on an argument.
You may also want to watch:
“We do everything together, said Jan, “we work as a team.”
“We listen to each other and we’re a really close family.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
John and Jan also have a shared passion for ballroom and sequence dancing - hitting the dancefloor four times a week.