Kesgrave: Crews called to undergrowth fire
- Credit: Archant
FIRE crews were called to deal with an area of undergrowth on fire in Foxhall Road in Kesgrave last night.
Emergency services received several calls about the fire at around 7.55pm yesterday.
Crews from Ipswich arrived on scene at 8.05pm and requested a further appliance for water.
An appliance from Princes Street was mobilised and at 8.26pm crews advised fire control that an area of undergrowth measuring 20m x 30m was on fire.
Access to the fire was difficult and crews were using beaters and a water backpack to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Crews brought the fire under control 8.40pm.
The fire was started deliberately.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away