Teenager arrested as 15-year-old shot in Kesgrave
- Credit: PA
Police have arrested a teenager in connection with the shooting of a 15-year-old boy in Grange Farm earlier this morning.
Suffolk police and an air ambulance responded to calls to Friends Walk at 8.40am after receiving reports of a shooting.
The victim – a 15-year-old boy - sustained serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he is receiving urgent medical treatment.
Officers investigating the incident have now arrested a teenage boy and he has been taken into police custody for questioning.
Assistant Chief Constable Rob Jones said: “Following this serious incident our priority is to keep everyone safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We have now made an arrest as part of the investigation and are working with our partners in Suffolk and our schools to ensure that everyone feels safe when they are collecting their children from school this afternoon.
“There will be more police officers on patrol and to provide reassurance in the area and I would ask for anyone with information about this incident to come forward.”
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 10 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
Friends Walk and Through Jollys remain closed to the public and people are being urged to avoid the area.
A separate police cordon has been set up in Westwood Avenue in Ipswich, though it is not yet clear if it is linked to the shooting.