Kesgrave: Woman arrested after suspected arson at bungalow
A WOMAN has been arrested after a blaze at bungalow which saw firefighters rescue a dog.
Firefighters were called to the home in Grantchester Place in Kesgrave, having received reports of a fire in a home.
Initial reports suggested that people may have been inside the home.
Having arrived at the scene shortly before 1am, the bungalow was found to be smoke logged and one person is believed to have been in the garage at the time.
A spokesperson for the fire service said that a dog had been rescued from inside.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing four breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet, the three crews tackled the flames and had brought the incident under control by 1.20am.
It is not known if the person involved received any medical treatment.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
A police spokesman said that a 52-year-old woman had been arrested at the scene and remains in custody at Ipswich Police Station on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.
Officers are set to return to the scene today to investigate the incident further.