Kesgrave: Woman shut in windowless bathroom by ex who was banned from seeing her
- Credit: Contributed
A WOMAN who was shut in a windowless bathroom by her ex-boyfriend after she told him to leave her home raised the alarm by texting a relative who called the police, a court has heard.
When police arrived at the 37-year-old’s home in Kesgrave they arrested 25-year-old Edmond Disha, who had been banned by a court from contacting her, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Robert Sadd, prosecuting, said Disha and the woman had been in a relationship for two years, but in December 2011 he was given a restraining order banning him from going to her home and contacting her.
Disha had ignored the order by contacting her on his release from a prison sentence. She had agreed to pick him up from Chelmsford and take him back to her home.
However after a week the relationship deteriorated and when the woman asked Disha to leave he slapped her head and kicked her while she was curled up on the floor. He was verbaly abusive to her and shut her in windowless bathroom forcing her to text a relative to call the police.
You may also want to watch:
Disha, of Forest Court, Ipswich, admitted common assault on December 10 last year and breaching a restraining order. He was jailed for 17 months.
Michael Warren for Disha said there had been a 12-year age difference between the defendant and the victim.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
When Disha was released from prison contact between the pair had resumed. “It wasn’t all him making the running,” said Mr Warren.
He said the couple had spent five weeks together before the incident on December 10 which he accepted had been frightening for the victim.