House collapses after tumble dryer explosion causes fire
- Credit: Archant
A house in Kessingland has partially collapsed after a fire caused by a tumble dryer explosion.
Emergency services were initially called shortly after 8.30pm yesterday evening (Wednesday, December 18) to reports of a fire at an end terrace house on Green Lane.
Two callers reported that a tumble dryer had exploded, causing the fire and destroying a wall.
Two fire crews attended the scene from the Lowestoft South station and worked with the electricity board to ensure the safety of the property.
Green Lane was closed by Suffolk police and remains shut while officers work to ensured the house is structurally safe.
You may also want to watch:
An ambulance and a ambulance officer was called to the scene and one person was taken to James Paget Hospital for further care.
The road will remain closed for the foreseeable future and drivers are advised to avoid the area if possible.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 3 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home