Loaded rifle and knives seized in Kessingland
A man was arrested for alleged firearms, weapons and drug offences after during a police anti-poaching patrol.
The Suffolk Constabulary rural crime team patrol found a loaded rifle and several knives in a vehicle in Kessingland, near Lowestoft, on Thursday, September 27 evening.
All the weapons were seized and a 46-year-old was taken into custody.
The anti-poaching patrol previously took part in Operation Galileo, which focused on hare-coursing on Friday, September 14.
The rural team was joined by additional officers and also a police volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
A number of vehicles were stopped as a result and the occupants spoken to.
Two people were reported for various offences in connection with the carriage of scrap metal.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars
Anyone with information about rural crime should contact Suffolk police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.