Kevin Pearce fans given chance to perfom alongside Mistley singer in Ipswich
- Credit: Geoff Lawrence
Fans of an Essex musician are being given a unique opportunity to share the spotlight when he takes the stage in Ipswich this month.
Upcoming artists were invited to upload versions of their favourite Kevin Pearce songs for a chance of performing live alongside the Mistley singer-songwriter and his full band at St Peter’s by the Waterfront on Saturday, April 18.
As an added incentive, the chosen performer will be added to the roster of acts associated with gig and festival organiser, the Blue Bus Tour.
The challenge has already been taken up by a number of hopeful musicians who have been asked to post their efforts on YouTube and tweet links to Pearce, the Blue Bus Tour and BBC Radio Suffolk’s Stephen Foster, who will also be helping to decide the favourite entry.
Peter Hepworth, from the Woodbridge-based Blue Bus Tour, said: “We’re looking for some new, upcoming musicians to work with, and join our roster here at the Blue Bus Tour for this year’s, and next years events.
You may also want to watch:
“Our favourite will be announced the week of Ipswich gig live on BBC Radio Suffolk.”
Suffolk contemporary folk artist, Tilly Dalglish will also be providing support on the night of the gig, which will include live performances of tracks from Pearce’s third album, Dynamite, released last October alongside a graphic novel of the same name.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Before its release, Pearce toured the country with Turin Brakes. He has also performed with Beth Orton and is due to launch a fourth album later this year.
For an opportunity to perform at the live event next weekend, or to find out how to get tickets, visit facebook.com/bluebustour.
The deadline for entries is Monday, April 13.