Key safe stolen from Wenhaston Primary School near Halesworth during burglary
- Credit: Archant
A small red key safe was stolen from a primary school in a Suffolk village during an overnight burglary.
Damage was caused to a window to gain entry to Wenhaston Primary School in Hall Road, Wenhaston, near Halesworth.
The incident happened between 6.40pm yesterday and 7.15am today.
Some items of paperwork were found discarded on a nearby verge and footpath following the burglary.
One witness believes they saw a white transit van in the area at about 8pm yesterday and police are appealing for the owner of this vehicle to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour in the area at the time or has information about the burglary should contact Pc Rob Stockman at Halesworth Police Station quoting crime reference 37/64954/17, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police