Men accused of racially abusing Kieron Dyer cautioned by police
- Credit: Archant
Police will take no further action against the man accused of racially abusing former Ipswich Town and England footballer Kieron Dyer.
Dyer alleged that two men at Hintlesham Golf Club had made racist comments towards him on July 24.
Suffolk police subsequently arrested a man aged in his 50s on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence and on suspicion of a malicious communications offence.
A man in his 30s was also arrested on suspicion of a malicious communications offence.
Dyer, who played more than 90 times for Town and has 33 England caps, said he was left feeling “shocked and appalled” following the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
However, Suffolk police have now confirmed the men who were arrested have been cautioned, but will face no further action.
A spokesman said there was “insufficient evidence” to proceed following a full investigation.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 7 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill