Seaside mud run ‘sets Covid-secure benchmark’ - can you spot yourself taking part?
- Credit: Archant
Runners were covered in muck after a mud run on the Frinton coast got a bit messy.
More than 20 different obstacles blocked the paths of hundreds of runners taking on the 2.5km course on the grounds of Wild Gym, in Kirby-le-Soken, Frinton.
Even children as young as three took part in the event on Sunday, September 6, with organisers saying that backing from Essex Police and the local authority meant its Covid-secure measures set a positive benchmark.
Bubbles of people ran in waves of 30 every 30mins to ensure enough distance between participants.
One organiser said: “Everyone who attended had such a great time but in a carefully planned environment.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everyone who attend for there support and patience in making the event a safe and fun one.
“We are already planning for next year’s event and even a spooky Halloween fun run for this October follow this year’s successful mud run.”
- 1 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson