Kirbye Voices choir to put on two church performances in west Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds-based chamber choir is presenting a programme of carols in two churches this month.
Kirbye Voices, a 30-strong established choir, will be performing at Holy Innocents Church in Great Barton on Thursday, December 14, and St Mary’s Church in Bury St Edmunds on Thursday, December 21. Both performances will start at 7.30pm.
The programme includes a wide variety of music, from the 16th century composer Palestrina through to Philip Stopford and Pentatonix in the 21st century.
Old favourites such as ‘The Three Kings’ and ‘In Dulci Jubilo’ and music from ‘The Snowman’ Christmas film will also be heard.
There will also be four well-known traditional carols for the audience to join in. Both concerts are free, but there will be retiring collections shared with the churches.
You may also want to watch:
Over the years, the choir has raised thousands of pounds for church and other charitable funds, and they are always pleased to hear from those who would welcome a concert in aid of their particular fund.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border