Kirton: Nine-year-old girl attacked by dog on village playing field
POLICE are today trying to trace the owners of two dogs after a nine-year-old girl was bitten in an incident on a playing field.
Officers were called just before 5.10pm yesterday by a father who reported his daughter had been at the Kirton Recreation Ground on Back Road with her sister when two dogs ran over to her and attacked her.
The nine-year-old was bitten on the thigh, sustaining bite marks and drawing blood.
Police said the dogs were Staffordshire Terrier-type, both described as being golden brown in colour.
They were with a man described as having grey hair and wearing a hat and glasses, and a woman with cropped mousey brown hair.
The incident happened around 4.30pm to 4.45pm and police are asking the couple to come forward or for anyone with information about who they are, or anyone who witnessed the incident, to call Felixstowe police on 101.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident