Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 10°C

min temp: 5°C


Kitchen fire at Ipswich flat

PUBLISHED: 17:29 03 November 2018 | UPDATED: 17:29 03 November 2018

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING


Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at a flat in Ipswich.

The fire broke out in Ancaster road, near Gippeswyk Road, near to Ipswich train station.

Firefighters were called around 2pm to the scene and extinguished the fire upon arrival.

Two people at the scene were treated after inhaling smoke from the fire but no paramedics were called to assist.

The fire was extinguished by 2.45pm when firefighters left the scene.

Firefighters have saved a historic thatched cottage tonight after a serious fire started in the chimney of the house.

Police were unable to act on five cases of adults having sex with teenagers in their care over the last four years due to a legal loophole, the NSPCC has revealed.

Suffolk police have stopped 68 vehicles as a part of an operation in Bury St Edmunds which aims to target criminals using Suffolk’s roads.

From rambling stories about dispensing sockfulls of change into an ATM to regaling the vagaries of living with a jazz musician, Irish funnyman David O’Doherty’s latest bonkers brand of comedy proved a hit.

Two teenagers who carried out a revenge stabbing in Colchester in which a 17-year-old youth suffered life threatening injuries have been detained for a total of 13 years.

An e-fit of a man who Suffolk police would like to talk to in connection to an armed robbery in Haverhill has been released.

A young salon owner has described her heartbreak after hundreds of pounds of stock was stolen from her business in a break-in.

Most read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24