Kite surfer rescued off Clacton
A kite surfer had to be rescued after his line got wrapped around a fishing boat moored off Clacton’s Coastline.
Tendring District Council’s Beach Patrol boat was sent to his aid around 10.50am yesterday.
Beach Patrol staff Steve Duggan and Aaron Forsyth went to the incident off Martello Bay after Seafront Warden Danny Sheerer spotted the problem.
There was one person in the water trying to untangle the line and another on the fishing boat.
The Beach Patrol workers helped get the line free and watched as the two managed to get safely ashore.
You may also want to watch:
Thames Coastguard had received a 999 call and its mobile unit was in attendance and the board, which had drifted out to sea, was finally recovered by the RNLI boat.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores