Knife-wielding robber steals cash from shop
Police are appealing for witnesses after a knife-wielding robber stole cash from a Spar shop in Woodbridge Road in Ipswich yesterday evening.
At around 10.25pm on Tuesday a man entered the shop, which is located near to Schreber Road, and walked past the front counter to the alcohol display. He then returned to the front counter where he produced a large knife and demanded cash.
Around �250 was handed over to the man who then left the shop.
The male is described as Asian, between 5ft 10ins and 6ft, with black spiky hair and wearing thin spectacles, a denim shirt and a zip up hooded top.
The shop was open as usual today.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbouring residents today told of their shock at the raid.
One nearby homeowner said: “I am not surprised something like this has happened there.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 5 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
“I don’t think it’s the first time they have been targeted.
“It’s a pretty busy shop - maybe it’s an easy target.”
Another resident said: “It’s not nice to hear about this sort of thing.
“I haven’t lived here long but I have generally found it to be a nice area.”
Police are asking anyone who may have seen the offender before or after the robbery or who has any information in relation to the incident to contact Dc Andrew Moore at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.