Knife woman jailed
A WOMAN who threatened two housing association workers with a knife has been jailed for 15 months.
Coral Fishpool waved a kitchen knife with a five-inch blade at the Orbit Housing Association workers after they tried to evict her from a property in Bill Rickaby Drive, in Newmarket, where she had been living with her partner, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Fishpool had become aggressive when she was asked to leave the premises and when the housing association officials left she came out after them with a knife in her hand, said Robert Sadd, prosecuting.
He said Fishpool was described as holding the knife in the same way as a character in the film Psycho and had moved towards the two officials who sought refuge in a nearby community centre.
One of Fishpool’s friends managed to calm her down and remove the knife, said Mr Sadd.
You may also want to watch:
Fishpool, 30, of Anglehard Road, Newmarket, admitted possessing a knife in a public place and was jailed for 15 months by Judge Rupert Overbury, who said her unpredictable mood changes and anger management problems resulted in her posing a risk of harm to others.
Nicola Talbot, for Fishpool, described her client as vulnerable and said she needed help for her problems which included anger management.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
She said the man Fishpool she had been living with at the time of the offence had recently died and this had upset her greatly.
She said she had been in a volatile relationship with the man for four years and had been his carer.