Staff threatened with knife during armed robbery of Clacton Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Two men armed with a knife have robbed a Post Office in Clacton after threatening members of staff.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the robbery at the Magdalen Green Post Office in Old Road which happened at around 2pm yesterday, Thursday July 18.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We received reports that two men armed with a knife entered Magdalen Green Post Office in Old Road and threatened members of staff.
"The men, both described as white, then left the scene with cash."
Mohammed Khan, who owns the Post Office, said his store manager Vickram Desore stood up to the two men, refusing to hand over the contents of the till and pressing the alarm.
You may also want to watch:
"He said: "He has two people with knives asking him to open the till. "He showed a lot of courage and told them "no, you will have to kill me" before pushing the alarm.
"I am amazed to be honest.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
"I am just glad we are all safe.
"But tghis is not the first time it has happened."
Mr Khan said two members of staff were in the post office at the time of the robbery, as well as customers.
One of the men is described as being in his 30s and was wearing a beanie hat with red writing on it and grey jogging bottoms with writing on the left leg.
He was also wearing Adidas trainers and was described as being stocky.
The second man is described as slimmer and taller than the first, with facial hair, and was wearing black shoes with red laces.
DC Hollie Hughes, of Clacton CID, said: "These men walked into a community Post Office in the middle of the day and threatened members of staff with knife.
"Fortunately, no one was hurt but they were all shaken by the ordeal.
"We believe a number of people and motorists in the area may have seen the men within the vicinity of the Post Office before and after the incident."
Mr Khan opened the Post Office as usual on Friday morning.
Police are urging anyone with information or dash-cam footage to get in touch.
Call Essex Police on 101, quoting crime reference 42/114201/19, with information.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org