Care home plans to add extra bedrooms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A Suffolk care home is planning to expand with the addition of nine extra bedrooms.
East Suffolk Council has received the plans for Pear Tree Lodge Residential Home in Leiston Road, Knodishall.
Owners Hellendoorn Healthcare Ltd are proposing to build a single-storey nine-bedroom extension and orangery, and to replace existing flat roofs with pitched roofs.
Currently the home has 40 beds along with dining rooms, kitchen, sensory room, reception area and staff rooms. There are also 26 parking spaces for staff and visitors.
Graham Nourse Planning Consultants, for Hellendoorn Healthcare Ltd, said: "The proposed development will enable an appropriately designed extension to be provided, allowing the expansion of much needed additional care accommodation along with improved on-site facilities for residents of the care home.
You may also want to watch:
"The scheme will create an additional two employee posts as well as continuing to offer an important employment facility for local people within the village, thus benefitting the local economy."
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners