Kozza boost for Witches and Stars
KOZZA Smith could be back in the saddle next week.The Australian, who spent his 21st birthday in hospital after suffering a serious injury at Foxhall Stadium on March 19, was doing some laps at King's Lynn this week and intends riding in the world under-21 qualifier at Rye House on Sunday.
KOZZA Smith could be back in the saddle next week.
The Australian, who spent his 21st birthday in hospital after suffering a serious injury at Foxhall Stadium on March 19, was doing some laps at King's Lynn this week and intends riding in the world under-21 qualifier at Rye House on Sunday.
If he comes though okay he will be back in the thoughts of the Witches management with team manager Pete Simmons saying: “Once Kozza has found his feet again and had a couple of meetings with Lynn we will consider him again.
“Carl Wilkinson has done a good job for us, and he will carry on riding for us. Kozza will be sharing the reserve berth when he is fit.”
You may also want to watch:
Smith, who shares the doubling-up role with Scunthorpe's Wilkinson, was in a serious condition when taken to Ipswich Hospital in March with a collapsed lung plus a number of broken bones. He has made a good recovery and will be up against newly crowned British Under-21 champion Lewis Bridger, rising British star Tai Woffinden and Rye House duo Joe Haines and Robert Mear on Sunday. And Simmons is confident that Piotr Swiderski will come good again in the Ipswich team after struggling to recapture last season's form.
“We know what Piotr can do,” said Simmons, who will be charge of the Witches team against Coventry at Foxhall Stadium tomorrow.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“And it is just a matter of time before he re-finds his touch, and when he does I can see us beating a team by a very big score.”