Labour candidate: Brown is worst Prime Minister ever
A LABOUR parliamentary candidate in East Anglia today said Gordon Brown is the worst prime minister Britain has had.
According to the Lynn News newspaper, North West Norfolk candidate Manish Sood said: “Immigration has gone up which is creating friction within communities. The country is getting bigger and messier.
“The role of ministers has gone bureaucratic and the action of ministers has gone downhill - it is corrupt.
“The loss of social values is the basic problem and this is not what the Labour Party is about.
“I believe Gordon Brown has been the worst prime minister we have had in this country.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a disgrace and he owes an apology to the people and the Queen.”
Asked on Sky News if he stood by the comments, Mr Sood, 38, replied: “Absolutely, yes.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
“Obviously this is a very serious matter because we have a Prime Minister standing so close to the General Election and things are going totally wrong, and it’s a real disaster for the cities, the country and the nation.
“And if you look at it, the average person has really got no respect for the Government and really we are moving towards not a government system but more towards anarchy, and that is very, very dangerous.’’
Citing Labour’s planned increase in National Insurance and rising fuel prices, Mr Sood went on: “All the policies he is bringing in are a total disaster.’’