Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn pays visit to East Anglia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jeremy Corbyn is in East Anglia this afternoon, where he is paying a visit to seaside town Great Yarmouth.
Police officers joined the Labour leader on his tour of the town at around midday, where they were seen chatting to him and his team.
Mr Corbyn is due to visit Regent Street, before finishing at the pier later today.
This is the latest in a string of trips the Labour leader has made to the region – in May last year, he visited the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston to discuss the nationwide NHS cyber attack.
He also met with Labour supporters on Lowestoft beach later that day.
In October, he visited Great Yarmouth to speak at a members event alongside MEP Alex Mayer and Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell.
You may also want to watch:
It is not clear if he plans to visit any other towns or cities in the region today.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 7 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 8 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game