Lackford: Crews tackle recycling centre fire
Firefighters tackled a blaze in a building at a recycling centre in Suffolk.
Two fire engines were called to the incident at a building in Heath Farm Road in Lackford, near Bury St Edmunds, at 6.13am.
On arrival crews found a single storey steel clad building measuring 30 x 30m well alight.
The building contained 120 tons of recycling products as well as machinery.
Crews used two jets, ground monitors and water carriers to fight the flames and then damped down to ensure the blaze was out.
You may also want to watch:
- See tomorrow’s paper for the full story
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27