Ladder used to tackle chimney fire

Firefighters scaled a ladder to reach a blaze which broke out inside the chimney of a home near Bury St Edmunds.

A fire crew from the nearby town were called just after 11.45am to reports of a chimney fire in Birds Lane, Cockfield

A ladder was used to reach the flames and, after around half an hour, the team had the fire under control.

They remained on scene afterwards to inspect the chimney flue and ensure there was no risk of reignition.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus