Lakenheath: 400 cannabis plants found in raid
- Credit: Jane TURNER
About 400 cannabis plants worth thousands of pounds were discovered during a raid in west Suffolk.
Cash and growing equipment were also seized from an address in Barr Drive, Lakenheath in a lunchtime operation on Wednesday.
Police, who arrested a 56-year-old man from the Lakenheath area on suspicion of producing cannabis, said the factory, which was located in a rear garden, was a “sophisticated operation.”
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said a search was carried out under the Misuse of Drugs Act and that two greenhouses or growing shed structures were found.
Along with about 400 plants, around £200 was recovered along with growing equipment, propagators, fans, lights, hydroponic kits, light bars and transformers.
You may also want to watch:
She added: There was a substantial amount of growing kit there.”
The value of the crop has not been disclosed and is dependent on the stage of the plant’s growth, but could have had the potential to run into tens of thousands of pounds.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
The suspect was last night still being questioned by police.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101.