Lakenheath: Driver rescued from water-filled ditch
A WOMAN was rescued by firefighters after her car crashed into a water-filled ditch in Lakenheath.
The 29-year-old called police after her Toyota Carina careered off High Bridge Gravel Drove into the ditch, wedged up against a bridge, shortly after 5.15pm tonight.
Control room staff alerted the fire service. Fire crews were sent to the scene and they used a nine-metre ladder to get access to the car and free the woman.
Police said the water in the ditch was eight feet deep. The car was not submerged but was stuck against the bridge and the woman could not get out.
When firefighters released her, she was taken to hospital by ambulance. She was not believed to be seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
The road was blocked for a short time while the rescue was in progress.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 6 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 7 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 8 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 9 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 10 Busy high street taped off by police