Lakenheath man sentenced for downloading indecent images of children
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A 39-year-old man from Lakenheath has been handed a 10 month jail sentence, suspended for two years, for downloading indecent images of children.
Jacob Yarrow, of Briscoe Way, was sentenced on Friday at Ipswich Crown Court after pleaded guilty to three counts of making indecent images, four of possessing a prohibited weapon or firearm, and possession of cannabis. After executing a search warrant at Yarrow’s home on January 25, officers found a number of laptops, tablets, memory sticks and hard drives as well as 500g of skunk cannabis, 47g of herbal cannabis and four incapacitate sprays.
Investigations revealed the devices held 64 category A indecent images, 50 category B indecent images and 100 category C indecent images.
The cannabis seized was valued between £3,500 and £4,170.
Yarrow was also given a sexual harm prevention order for ten years, a rehabilitation requirement and made to pay £260 in costs.
You may also want to watch:
PC Bob Williams from safeguarding and investigations said: “On what is Safer Internet Day we hope that this case sends a clear message out to such offenders that the internet is not an anonymous space for accessing indecent images.
“Such activity does leave a digital footprint and we will find it.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site