Large group of travellers pitch up in Walton on the Naze
- Credit: Archant
Around 30 vehicles and caravans have turned up on land beside the Columbine Centre in Walton.
The group are not far from Walton-on-the-Naze Foundation Primary School on Standley Road.
Officers at Tendring District Council (TDC) contacted the Essex Countywide Traveller Unit (ECTU) on Tuesday, June 26 to alert them to the issue.
The ECTU have since visited the site and yesterday served Direction to Leave notices to the group.
This action gives the travellers 24 hours to move away from the site.
You may also want to watch:
If they fail to do so, the ECTU will be attending court to seek eviction, a process that takes around five days to complete.
The council has said officials will continue to monitor the encampments while the legal processes are carried out to remove the travellers from the site.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed