Latchingdon: Police investigate allegation of rape
DETECTIVES are appealing for information following an allegation of rape in east Essex.
Police had initially been contacted by a woman shortly before 7am on Sunday, October 21 who was reporting that she had been sexually assaulted by a motorist in the Latchingdon and Southminster area earlier that morning.
At this stage, the woman is unable to recall what happened to her between 9pm Saturday, October 21 and 7am Sunday, October 21.
She recalls waking up in a field off Burnham Road at 4am.
Senior Investigating Officer, DCI Simon Werrett, said: “We are lacking detail during a 10-hour window in which time this woman is alleging she was raped.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re keen to identify the male driver of a blue car who may help us. Furthermore, we keen to hear from other motorists who saw this woman walking along the country roads during Saturday night or early Sunday morning.”
The blue car driver is described as white, aged approximately 60, was wearing a brown jacket, had a brown checked shirt, is of large build, has a double chin and wears glasses.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
The woman, who lives in the Southminster area, was interviewed by specially-trained officers at the county’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC).
Police are not revealed the woman’s age to protect her identity.
Anyone with information in connection with this rape investigation is urged to contact Essex Police’s Sexual Offences Investigation Team in Colchester on 101 or e-mail email@example.com.