Latest coronavirus infection rate revealed for your area
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
The latest coronavirus infection data released by the government shows a further fall in cases in parts of Suffolk - despite fears of rising cases elsewhere.
In Suffolk, the number of coronavirus cases reported in the week to September 25 was 50, compared to 56 in the previous week.
This meant the infection rate for Suffolk dropped from 7.36 per 100,000 last week, to 6.57 this week.
Districts in Suffolk were split in terms of the changes in infection numbers, with Babergh, Ipswich and West Suffolk all showing drops in case numbers.
However, in East Suffolk and Mid Suffolk, there were small increases in case numbers.
You may also want to watch:
In north Essex, there were rising numbers in Braintree and Tendring but figures in Colchester remained the same.
Overall, the number of cases reported for the whole of Essex grew from 209 to 305, with cases up to 20.48 per 100,000 from 14.03.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
Data from the past week is updated in line with the latest figures.