Number of Suffolk coronavirus cases rises by almost 100
- Credit: PA
The number of people who have tested positive for coronavirus in Suffolk has risen by 99, the Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed.
The rise sees the total number of people in the county who have tested positive for the virus stand at 814.
In neighbouring Essex, a futher 89 people have tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 2,069.
The figures follow earlier news that 13 more people have died in hospitals in Suffolk and north Essex after contracting the virus.
A first death was also confirmed at Aldeburgh Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
In the East of England NHS region, the number of confirmed cases now stands at 8,654.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery