Latest update: Evacuated residents allowed back into flats after fire in Lowestoft which left four people in hospital
A WOMAN has been taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack after being rescued from a flat fire, while three other casualties are being treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters and paramedics are on the scene of a flat fire in Stanley Street, Lowestoft, where people were trapped inside.
Two crews from Lowestoft South and one from Lowestoft North stations were called out to the blaze at 5.55pm but found the fire was so serious that they requested another pump to attend.
Firefighters used four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets to battle the flames and managed to get the fire under control by 6.30pm.
The woman has been taken by ambulance to James Paget Hospital for emergency care and the other three casualties are receiving medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The building was heavily smoke-logged and other residents were evacuated for safety, but firefighters are clearing the smoke and people are now being allowed back into their flats.
- Keep checking the website for updates.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown