Burglars steal £1,000 from safe of west Suffolk hotel
The Angel Hotel in Lavenham is appealing for help after thieves stole its safe.
The burglary is believed to have taken place between 11pm on Sunday, May 26 and 7.30am on Monday. May 27.
"They came in through the back," said manager Hannah Sims.
"They took the whole safe; it had over £1,000 in it."
To add insult to injury they are then believed to have taken a jar containing staff tips as well as the till.
You may also want to watch:
"The jar had got a week's worth of tips in," added Mrs Sims.
Staff have been left shaken by the incident but are continuing on.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
"It felt like an invasion of personal space, the owners have taken it very personally." said Mrs Sims.
The hotel is hoping those involved can be found and appealed to customers on Facebook.
"We have got them on CCTV, the footage has been given to the police," said Mrs Sims.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity should contact PC William Ormsby on 101, quoting crime reference 37/31670/19 or email email@example.com"