Lavenham named as hidden treasure by movie expert
- Credit: Archant
Lavenham has been voted as one of the top ten places to have a UK staycation - find out where the other locations are here.
If you’re thinking about having a UK staycation this year to save some money and see more of the UK then look no further.
Award-winning British movie location expert, Tom Howard, teamed up with hotel chain Premier Inn to create a list of hidden treaures.
Lavenham found itself sixth on the list of 10.
Tom Howard, who worked on The Night Manager show, said:
You may also want to watch:
“Lavenham is a jewel of a medieval village located in the heart of Suffolk and is the perfect location for a long weekend, offering a wide selection of places to eat, drink and explore.”
On the list was Tilbury Fort in Tilbury, Leighton House in Kensington, and Aysgarth Falls in Yorkshire.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 10 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
To see the full list use our interactive map, each location reveals what Tom Howard said about them.
Where do you think is a secret treasure? Tell us in the comments.