Christmas pudding and Santa-style baby hats knitted for Colchester hospital by law firm
- Credit: Archant
Festive-themed knitted hats are being given to babies at Colchester General Hospital thanks to the efforts of staff at an Essex-based law firm.
More than 150 of the crocheted novelties, alongside baby booties, blankets and an array of knitted toys, took shape in the run up to Christmas Day.
Teams from Fisher Jones Greenwood (FJG) donated the handmade gifts, made to look like Christmas puddings and Santa hats, to the hospital’s maternity unit.
The company’s managing partner Paula Fowler said: “It’s great to see the staff come together for such a fantastic cause and to see the wide array of knitted and crocheted items ready for donation, is fantastic.
“I am very proud of the staff and their efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
Staff organised lunch hour sessions to work on making as many baby hats as possible.
The final count of items included 161 baby hats alongside other knitted creations.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 5 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 8 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub