Lawshall: Chimney fire in thatched roof
FIRE crews were called out to a chimney fire in danger of spreading to the house’s thatched roof this evening.
Firefighters from Melford, Sudbury, Wickhambrook and Ipswich were called out to the blaze, in The Street, Lawshall, just before 6pm today.
They arrived to find the chimney alight and were able to contain the flames there to avoid the thatched roof catching fire.
Crews used a hose reel and thermal imaging camera along with specialist gear to work at height and were able to get the flames under control by 6.50pm.