Lawshall: Thatched roof safe after fire breaks out in kitchen

Fire engines were called to a blaze that started in the kitchen of a thatched property

Fire engines were called to a blaze that started in the kitchen of a thatched property - Credit: Archant

A kitchen fire was extinguished before it could spread any further at a thatched property.

The small blaze was put out by the occupant of the home in Lawshall at about 2pm today.

Fire crews from Wickhambrook, Bury, Sudbury, Newmarket and Ixworth arrived at the address shortly afterwards but stayed behind to check that the flames had spread not further than the kitchen.