Broad daylight knife attack in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A man was attacked in board daylight with a knife by two masked men in Chelmsford - with Essex Police believing it is a targeted attack.
Police are appealing for information after a man was seriously assaulted in Chelmsford on Thursday, January 24.
A man in his 30s was approached in Cusack Road about 10.30am by two men wearing masks.
One of the masked men attempted to attack the victim with a knife, cutting the victim’s hand as he defended himself.
The two masked men, described by the victim as being around 6ft tall, then ran off towards Beeleigh Link.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men was reported to be wearing a Parker-style coat.
Two 17-year-old boys from Chelmsford have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm in connection.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
Essex Police are treating this as an isolated incident and believe there is no further risk posed to the public.
However, to reassure the community extra officer patrols will be in place across Chelmsford this evening and over the weekend.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chelmsford CID on 101, referencing 42/12829/19.
Information can also be given completely anonymously to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org/