Man used BB gun to threaten neighbour
- Credit: Archant
An Essex man who threatened a neighbour with an imitation gun has been warned it is “highly likely” he will be jailed when he is sentenced later this month.
Lee Dowell, 48, of Churchill Road, Braintree, admitted possessing an imitation firearm, namely a BB gun, with intent to cause fear of violence on July 25.
Appearing via a prison video link at a plea hearing at Ipswich Crown Court, Dowell also admitted having a knife in a communal area of flats in Churchill Road, Braintree and sending a letter with intent to cause distress or anxiety, also on July 25.
Judge Emma Peters adjourned sentence until September 10 and warned Dowell it was “highly likely” he would receive a custodial sentence.
Folishade Abiodun, for Dowell, accepted her client had a previous conviction for being in possession of a knife but said the offences he had admitted were out of character.
You may also want to watch:
She asked the court to consider passing a suspended sentence and to adjourn the case for a pre-sentence report.
However, Judge Peters said a probation report wasn’t necessary because of the seriousness of the offences.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years